JOB PROCEDURE FOR BACK FILLING
The purpose of this procedure is to provide a guideline for proper supervision of back filling of earth at site and to ensure that —
- Proper type of soil is used for back filling
- Proper procedure is followed for back filling
- Documents are generated so as to confirm adherence to the procedure
This procedure covers supervision and record keeping method for back filling, which includes –
- Selection of soil for backfilling.
- Layer wise backfilling is adhered to achieve maximum compaction.
- Records submitted for compliance of the same.
- CPWD Specifications
- Test records
DETAIL ACTION PLAN:
Material used for earth filling should be free from clods larger than 7mm in any direction, organic matter &other deleterious material. All clods of the filling material will be broken or removed if the filling material (normally excavated material) shall contain deleterious substance saltpeter earth etc the same shall not he used the spaces all around the foundations will he cleared of all debris, brick bats etc. filling will be done in layers of 20 cms and each layer will be moisture conditioned, rammed with vibro rammer and consolidated to obtain 95% of the MDD & OMC in approved lab\field lab. Wherever hammer cannot be put due to constraint of space, hand ramming with crow bar shall be done as a special case. The moisture content of the back filled soil shall be maintained at ± 2% at site.
Documentation: As per ITP