JOB PROCEDURE FOR BACK FILLING
The purpose of this procedure is to provide a guideline for proper supervision of backfilling of the earth at the site and to ensure that —
- An appropriate type of soil is used for backfilling
- A proper procedure is followed for backfilling
- Documents are generated to confirm adherence to the procedure
This procedure covers supervision and record-keeping method for backfilling, which includes –
- Selection of soil for backfilling.
- Layer wise backfilling is adhered to achieve maximum compaction.
- Records submitted for compliance of the same.
- CPWD Specifications
- Test records
DETAIL ACTION PLAN:
The material used for earth filling should be free from clods larger than 7mm in any direction; organic matter &other harmful content. All clods of the filling material will be broken or removed if the filling material (commonly excavated material) shall contain deleterious substance saltpetre earth etc. the same shall not he used the spaces all around the foundations will be cleared of all debris, brickbats etc. filling will be done in layers of 20 cms, and each layer will be moisture conditioned, rammed with Vibro rammer and consolidated to obtain 95% of the MDD & OMC in approved lab\field lab. Wherever hammer cannot be put due to a constraint of space, hand ramming with crowbar shall be done as a particular case. The moisture content of the backfilled soil shall be maintained at ± 2% at the site.
Documentation: As per ITP